Camera Beginners Course AND Newborn Art Training- £1290
Are you a complete beginner to photography? Are you looking to embark on a new career in photography with newborn art being an area of expertise? Unsure where to start? Then, look no further, this 2 day course is perfect for you!
Over the course of these 2 days, you will receive full training on how to use your camera and how to photograph newborn babies, in a beautiful and creative way. All of my training sessions are relaxed, enjoyable and brimming with information and tips designed to give you the best ever start to your new career in photography.
DAY ONE – 10am – 5pm
Morning – Getting to know your camera!
This is a 3 hour course and will be dedicated to learning the fundamentals of image taking, by understanding the Exposure Triangle together with learning all of the essential elements and workings of your camera. This is a bespoke training session, so whatever camera you have, the education will be geared to your specific camera.
The session is very relaxed and you will gain insightful information which will enable you to bring your ideas to life, through your camera.
- The Exposure Triangle – Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO
- Camera Elements – The camera dial, Back of Camera Buttons, Image Quality, Focusing, Metering, Histogram and Live View
Afternoon – Editing Overview, Wrapping and Prop Preparation
- After lunch (refreshments are included) you will be given an insight into using Adobe’s editing software; Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Then onto the practical, where you will learn and put into practice (with my Stand-In-Baby training doll) some key wrapping techniques.
- Finally, you assist me in setting up all of the props, in preparation for the model newborn session required for your 1-2-1 Newborn Training Day.
DAY TWO – 10am – 4pm
Newborn 1-2-1 Photography Training
On your second day you will learn everything you need to know about Newborn Photography. Starting from the necessary equipment required, to baby safety and newborn posing techniques. You will be able to observe first hand, how I hold, settle, pose and wrap a newborn, together with lighting positioning and camera angles.
One of the most exciting aspects of my newborn 1-2-1 training course, is the 3-4 hour time spent with a newborn baby. During this time you will be able to use your own camera to take your very own images, which you can edit as you wish and use for your portfolio and social media marketing.
I will spend some time in the afternoon answering any business or general questions you may have and you will be able to watch me edit some of the images from the day, using Lightroom and Photoshop.
Here is the breakdown:
- Baby Safety
- Camera and lighting equipment and settings
- Fabrics and props
- Basic wrapping techniques
- Camera angles
- Real baby for 3-4 hours
- Use your own camera to take photos of the real baby, to use in your portfolio
- Refreshments break
- Practice with stand-in baby
- Watch my editing flow in Lightroom and Photoshop, using the images taken on the day.
- Certificate of Completion handed to you at the end of the day.
- Recommended Suppliers – with direct links
- List of vendors offering exclusive student discount
- On-going assistance after your training day
USB included (worth over £150)
- 100+ actions to assist with newborn skin editing and image finishing
- Comprehensive PDF showing every pose and where to place the posing beans and more!
Remember, the best way to become a pro is by learning from the best through practice. This is why my sessions entail interactive and practical aspects. You will be able to learn, shoot any queries and get answers in real-time!
Booking this training session is also super easy. You can go choose your date and pay here or you can email me at info@JoanneCollinsPhotography.co.uk if you have some questions which you would like answering first. I will look forward to helping you turn into a pro newborn photographer!
Check out my other courses …
Get in touch!