Have a fun day out with the kids in Kent. There are so many places to see and things to do both indoors and outside to help keep your little ones entertained throughout the holidays.
I am going to start with crabbing, because this was a family favourite of ours.
Top spots for crabbing in Kent
Top Beaches in Kent
- Dymchurch, Kent – Sand This is a lovely seaside resort with a long sandy beach and lots to do for the little ones. Dymchurch, Romney Marsh TN29 0PX
- Whitstable Beach Kent – Pebbles Pretty little beach huts and gorgeous views and for somewhere quieter close by, you can visit Tankterton beach, which is lovely.Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1FB
- Greatstone Beach, Kent – Sand This is like a quieter version of Camber with miles of soft white sand. New Romney TN28 8ST
- Minnis Bay, Kent – Sandy A beautiful family friendly beach with Sailing, windsurfing, paddling, kayaking and beach games. There’s also a paddling pool for young kids and a lifeguard service. The Parade, Birchington CT7 9QP
- Stone Bay, Broadstairs – Sand, chalk cliffs and rock pools A peaceful alternative to Broadstairs’ main beach, Stone Bay is a favourite spot for rock pooling and observing the area’s abundant marine life. Make sure to check the tide times before visiting, as the tide completely submerges the beach. 55 Eastern Esplanade, Broadstairs CT10 1DU
Adventure Days & Parks in Kent
- Diggerland, Medway Valley Leisure Park, Roman Way, Kent ME2 2NU – The only place where kids and grown ups can ride, drive and operate real diggers.
- Alice in Wonderland Canterbury. For all the family – Available 1st October Alice is trapped in Wonderland and time is running out to save her! Follow Alice down the rabbit hole and enter a topsy-turvy world of adventure, intrigue and impossible things at this immersive Alice in Wonderland event. For one day only, the streets of Canterbury will be transforming into a giant, escape-room-style experience on Saturday the 1st October, 2022. Don’t be late! Solve clues which just get curiouser and curiouser, take on mad and mischievous challenges, and uncover a dark conspiracy at the heart of Wonderland.
- Hop Farm Family Park,– Maidstone Rd, Beltring, Tonbridge TN12 6QF This award winning family park is packed full of new features, rides and undercover attractions to entertain and fuel imaginations. Giant Jumping Pillows the Outdoor Adventure Play Area and Frame where imaginations can run wild with the slides, bridges and towers. Hop Museum and a lovely animal farm.
- Cobtree Manor Park – Forstall Road,Forstal Rd, Aylesford ME20 7AG Children’s play area with large themed fort – Arboretum and Sculpture Trail – Wildlife, Sports and Activities – Outdoor learning
- Lullingstone Country Park Castle Rd, Eynsford DA4 0JF There is a playground and a lovely stream nearby to go paddling in. Lots of fields and woodland to explore. There’s a small fee for parking and a cafe open 7 days a week.
- Shorne Woods Country Park – Near Gravesend DA12 3HX. Check out the eco-friendly visitor centre and café, a sensory garden, orienteering, fishing lakes, a trim trail and picnic and play areas as well as 292 acres of rolling woodlands, wetlands and meadows that can be explored through a variety of waymarked trails. They are also hosting a summer trail which you can read more about HERE for £3 per trail sheet (prize included)
- Mote Park Mote Park, Mote Avenue, Maidstone – Large children’s play area
Animal Wildlife Parks
- Wingham Wildlife Park Rusham Road, Canterbury. Get unrivalled close access to some of their animals with free roaming birds & wallabies, walk through enclosures, and experience hands-on encounters where you can meet reptiles, insects and hand reared mammals.
- Rare Breeds Centre Woodchurch, Ashford TN26 3RJ. Fun for the whole family with meet the animals, play parks, soft play and more! In season visit the beautiful butterfly tunnel, paddling pool, sand pit and watch their famous pig racing.
- Wildwood Canterbury Road, Herne Common, Herne Bay. See Wolves, Arctic Foxes, Bears, Bison, Deer, Otters, Wild Boar, Lynx, Wild Horses, Badgers, Beavers and more as you make your way around the park. They have an amazing adventure playgrond, with Kent’s largest drop slide tube slide, wild fort, tree top towers and more!
- Lockmeadow Entertainment Centre Barker Road, Maidstone. 18 lane bowling alley, Gravity indoor trampoline park and street golf,Odeon cinema, restaurants and bars. Situated by the banks of the River Medway in the centre of Maidstone, the outdoor space has a children’s play area and terrace
Museums & Railways in Kent
- The Powell Cotton Museum, Quex House and Gardens Birchington, CT7 0B. The Museum offers an exciting and fun and interactive day out for all. You can join then on a safari to discover awesome animals in their natural history galleries. Journey through time and across cultures with their art and archaeology collection. Get your hands on in The Cube where you can handle over 400 objects. Throughout the year they offer an exciting program of events and activities. You can also checkout the temporary exhibitions.
- Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway New Romney Station, 2 Littlestone Rd, Littlestone, New Romney TN28 8PL
The railway’s world famous one-third full size steam and diesel locomotives power their way along the 13.5 miles of track, from the Cinque port town of Hythe, terminating in Dungeness – a National Nature Reserve and one of the largest shingle landscapes in the world.
Castles and Stunning Gardens – read more