It's an early season - the crops are almost ready!
July 2022 Lavender Mini Photo Sessions in Kent
Would you love some beautiful images of your family in the stunning lavender fields?
I am holding 2 magical evenings of Lavender Mini Sessions right here in the heart of Kent in July 2022. The Lavender fields are enchanting and create the most spellbinding backdrop for pictures of your family and children.
Need some clothing inspiration? Please scroll down for some top tips on what to wear and what not to wear for your session.
Each Session will last 20 minutes, with appointments being booked between 5.30pm & 7.30pm. Location is in Sevenoaks.
Mon 25th July 5.30pm – 7.30pm SOLD OUT
Wed 27th July 6.30pm – 7.30pm SOLD OUT
Friday 29th 5.30-8.30pm SOLD OUT
Places will be given on a first come first served basis.
Lavender mini sessionS PACKAGE
The session costs £195 with £75 payment required to secure your date and time
The balance will be due in cash on the day
20 minute photoshoot in the beautiful Lavender Fields in Sevenoaks
4 professionally edited high resolution digital images (you will have 10 to choose from)
1 10″x8″ print from one of your chosen 4 images
The lavender mini’s will be held at the Castle Farm in Sevenoaks. I will be hiring the field out for the evening so that it’s free from public visitors.
The Summer sunshine can be harsh so the sessions are booked early evening when the sun is lower and the lighting soft and beautiful. Plus as mentioned earlier the lavender fields are extremely busy during the day so we can avoid this by booking in the evening.
- You are looking to update your existing family photos
- You are wanting to try out lifestyle photography for the first time and see if it’s for you. What better place than surrounded by a sea of purple!
- You want to buy the session as a present for someone special (I have lovely gift vouchers and e-cards available!)
The price is £195 per family which includes the following:
– 25 minute mini photo shoot in the lavender fields (£50 of the fee goes towards the location shooting fee)
– secure online gallery with 10-15 fully edited images live for 3 days
– 4 high resolution digital images and one 10″x8″ print from your 4 chosen images.
Please fill out the Enquiry Form below with your preferred date and I will then send you a link to make your payment and reserve your booking.
Sessions are booked on a first come first served basis and won’t be confirmed until your payment is received.
Nearer to the time I will send you …
– an email questionnaire so that I can find out more about your family
– ‘what to expect’ guide giving tips on what to wear and how to brief the kids!
I will look forward to meeting you and your family and creating a beautiful gallery of photographs for you in 2022.
What to wear for a lavender shoot
Choosing an outfit for your family lavender photoshoot
The basic principles are:
- Dress for the environment; clothes which have an organic feel work great, ie for boys linen rather than a formal long sleeved shirt.
- Dress everyone for the same weather, for example, everyone wearing short sleeved tops rather than a mix of long and short sleeves.
- Choose 3-4 colours to build everyone’s outfits around.
- Embrace layers and textures, ie dungarees with a top underneath.
- Avoid pictures and slogans on clothing
- Make sure your children’s clothes fit well
- Start with one outfit and then work the others in with that
Accessories to enhance your session
Please feel free to bring along accessories, as they can really add some extra interest to your photos; sun hats, extra layers, your child’s favourite teddy and bubbles for little ones.
The best colours to wear for a lavender photoshoot
To achieve a beautiful, harmonious and coherent look it is best to choose a maximum of 3 or four colours
This doesn’t mean you all need to wear the same thing, in fact it is best if you do not wear all matching. Instead you can wear the inverse of each other.
In the lavender field’s you can’t go wrong with soft muted colours. Some colours you would include are white, soft greys, creams and blue. Navy blue and denim. Also adding splash or purple or mulberry, dusky pink will look great.
Colours to avoid
Black, neon and very loud bright colours. These will add too much contrast to your photos.
Be prepared for the weather
Please bring along a nice light coloured or clear umbrella to protect you against any light showers. If this matches your attire, we can use this to add interest and fun to your photos.
If you have any questions please drop me a line in the comments box below, I am here to help!